Monday, February 16, 2009

it comes and goes

its funny to see how passions come and go. drive shifts from one thing to another. not ever saying that you love that last thing less, however, it just shifts, to something, new, exciting, maybe just more real to you.

for so many years i was determined and convinced that i was going to asia. i was going to live there, thrive there, spend a portion of my life there. i could feel it in my bones, i knew my future. it was the forefront of my mind. i had no intention of being a missionary, i don't believe i'm called to that. rather, work my job, make my art and love people: open up my home to people who need a haven. working hard, my husband and i, to fight injustice, to create beauty and hope where both seemed to have turned to calamity, disaster and brutality. i could see my future every day i lived.

and then i forgot.

i became consumed with the place i was in - however healing it was that i took that time, i want to be involved again. living a life more meaningful than just going to work, and enjoying my weekends.

i was designed to create art where there seems to be no sight of hope. i don't know what that looks like. i think it would be incredible to work in an organization, making art for them - doing the artistic side of things, being a personal assistant to the head of design somewhere or another.
who knows. but what i do know is that (the lady behind me has the majority of her computer desktop covered with documents, files, and various softwares... packrat?) anything concerning japan catches my attention: japan, china, vietnam, nepal, thailand, etc etc. i want to go. really i do.

other destinations that are at the top: france. norway. italy. greece.

moment of honesty: usually when i read a newspaper i go to the international sections and read them first, then the crosswords [for suntimes, the "love is..."] then the US news.

so. we will see. love.

currently listening to: joseph arthur.

2 comments:

AmyP said...

Kami, I am so glad I read this post. I had just wanted to check out your photography and learn from it - then I read this and connected and had someone put words around something God had been showing me. Thanks. Keep writing, taking pictures and creating. I can't wait to see what God does through you, lady.

AmyP said...

And by the way, if you end up in Japan, my best friend from college and her husband actually live in Tokyo and she'd be an incredible person to meet - and you would be an incredible person for her to meet